Supply Chain Assistant
Our Client is growing steadily and they are looking for a Supply Chain Assistant who will be responsible for the day to day activities including warehouse co-ordination, purchase order updates, stock management, customer service and monitoring of quality and returns.
* Review open Purchase Orders to ensure that all delivery dates are accurate and shipping is tracked from Supplier to warehouse.
* Confirming stock availability to the Sales Team.
* Ensure that documentation is received and prepared for stock due in.
* Review discrepancies for all deliveries and request credit notes from suppliers where applicable.
* Maintain communication with the warehouse to monitor all warehouse activity.
* Assist with allocation of stock to customers to ensure maximum efficiency.
* Print customer delivery labels and manifests and ensure that these are with the warehouse to meet delivery deadlines.
* Ensure bookings are made on time with customer warehouses.
* Ensure stock accuracy is maintained in the warehouse through cycle counting, specific checks and annual stock checks.
* Production of the weekly Activity Based Reporting for the warehouse.
* Ensure that all required data is held in full and filed correctly (e.g. proof of export/delivery).
* Creation of product codes and barcodes for new products.
* Ensure that new products are set up correctly on the IT System
* Check all Quality reports that are sent from Suppliers. Action/Escalate any issues and communicate approval for orders that pass QC checking process.
* Control outbound quality, ensuring that all products that leave the warehouse are in good condition.
* Monitor returns using all available reports to ensure that all issues are quickly dealt with.
* Build relationships with Supply Chain of all key accounts to ensure that their requirements are met / exceeded.
* Participate on teams and special projects as assigned by the Operations Director
* Good standard of education, including good numeracy, and written and spoken English skills
* Supply chain management experience
* Multi SKU demand and forecasting experience
* Excellent Excel spread sheet skills
* Good team working skills
* Consistently high degree of accuracy
* Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
* Good communication skills
* Organisational skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to prioritise and to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
* The post holder will be required to travel in connection with the requirements of the position to suppliers, customers, outsourced facilities, exhibitions, trade fairs and for training purposes.
* The post requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work unsupervised on his/her own initiative as part of a team in a fast growing company.
* The post holder will have a willingness to travel away from the office from time to time.
Training on the key systems and processes will be provided
Any further relevant training and skills development will be identified and provided on an on-going basis
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Totnes, Dartington
Salary : £18k pa
Date Advertised : 08 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.