An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for one of Devons biggest success stories. Our Client has a vacancy for a Web Developer to act as technical resource for all online activities for the company. Candidates must be highly proficient in php and experience of developing, implementing and supporting CMS Systems such as Magento.
* Ensure consistency of provision of service from all online service providers.
* Provide technical support to IT Manager acting as backup to support the technical infrastructure of the
* Provision of data analysis for the business
* Production of analytical data as required by the business.
* Management and co-ordination of all online activities within the business including all company
websites, affiliate management and email management.
* Provide technical support for the marketing and ecommerce teams in the development and
maintenance of the online presence of the business developing templates and providing support on
technical development as required.
* Review and validate business requirement documents and functional specifications of the company
websites, and highlight any discrepancies and inconsistencies
* Liaise closely with the marketing and ecommerce teams to ensure that design and functionality of
websites satisfies all commercial requirements
* Project implementation from inception through development and support
* Write and review implementation and change control documentation
* Monitor web server and site technical performance, taking corrective action where necessary
* Design and maintain the company's online presence, fixing any errors in a prompt and efficient manner
working with 3rd parties as required.
* Management of all 3rd party online service providers where applicable
* Maintain a good awareness of industry issues, trends and emerging technologies, keep line manager and
team informed with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market
* Development, maintenance and support of new functionalities within the online environment
* Provision of front end support for additional online marketing activities as required
* The post holder will be required to travel in connection with the requirements of the position to
suppliers, customers, outsourced facilities, exhibitions, trade fairs and for training purposes.
* Good standard of secondary education, including good numeracy, written and spoken English skills.
* Spread sheet and word-processing.
* Spread sheet and word-processing with PC software.
* Proven track record of writing clean, compliant code that renders flawlessly across all desktop and mobile browsers.
* Experience of developing, implementing and supporting Magento based websites.
* Experience of designing, implementing and supporting Expression Engine based websites.
* Systems integration.
* SAP Business One
* Experience of maintaining and optimization of Linux web servers (centos 5/plesk)
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to prioritise and to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
* Consistently high degree of accuracy
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Good communication skills
* Organisational skills
* The post requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work unsupervised on his/her own initiative as part of a team in a fast growing company.
25 days Holiday, Pension contribution plus Healthcare plan
Working Hours: Monday Friday 9.00 5.30pm
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Newton Abbot
Salary : £20k - £25k pa
Date Advertised : 08 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.