Training Manager - Marine & Weapons Engineering (Navy)
Training Manager - Marine & Weapon Engineering Instructor ( Navy)
To manage and co-ordinate the Royal Saudi Naval Force (RSNF) Marine Engineering (ME) and Weapon Engineering (WE) Technicians during their Task book training phases at the Ship Repair Facility (SRF) Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
Candidates with technical appreciation of Naval training and the Naval environment are suitable for this role.
Initially on recruitment will spend 2 Months in the UK (HMS Collingwood, Fareham) then Full Time in Jubail, Saudi Arabia Based in a Company compound.
* Design, develop and implement RSNF ME and WE Technician individual specialisation Task Book training plans
* Manage the planning, monitoring and recording of the individual 'on job training schemes' of the technicians working closely with the SRF nominated RSNF Officers and BAE Systems Saudi Arabia workshop staff to ensure training compliance and training milestones are met
* Provide project and technician reports during the technicians period of task book training
* To provide mentoring (pastoral) support to the technicians during their SRF 'on job' training phase
* Carry out Technician Task Book amendments as required
* Provide a Training Co-ordination role (training and discipline) in support of the Technicians
* Chair and co-ordinate Phase 3 Task Book Training Meetings, providing minutes and distributing as necessary.
Sea Health and Safety Responsibilities:
* To implement the Sea, Health and Safety Plan/Policies in the training areas of the Hunter Project
* To supervise the Sea, Health and Safety Plan/Policies in the training areas of the Hunter Project and when off site at satellite locations
Qualifications & Requirements
* Able to demonstrate technical management and mentoring acumen and has a Technical appreciation of Naval training and the Naval environment. (Essential)
* Have a good understanding of Dockyard processes and ship repair procedures. (Essential)
* Have a good understanding of Sandown ME & WE equipment's and systems, including commissioning, testing and trials (Desirable)
* Technical appreciation of Naval Training and the Naval Training environment (Essential)
* Knowledge of Training Design (Essential)
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Carlisle, Glasgow, York, Dover, UK Wide
Salary : 44k plus bens
Date Advertised : 29 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.