Title: Bid Engineer
Place of work: Derby
Salary: to £45k (depending on experience)
My client is one of the World's leading radio communications specialists, providing cutting edge Private Mobile Radio (PMR) products and services including Analogue PMR, TETRA, P25 and DMR to organisations around the globe.
There is an immediate opportunity for an experienced Bid Engineer to compile winning design tender submissions in support of global sales for the company.
When involved with high value opportunities the Bid Engineer will work as part of a team working together with Sales, Engineering, Finance, Purchasing and Bid Manager to develop a winning technical proposal which forms part of the bid strategy.
The Bid Engineer will act as the focal point for all technical, quality and financial deliverables.
In partnership with the Bid Manager, the Bid Engineer will work to develop and manage the bid strategy and manage the communication protocol with all stakeholders (both internal and external).
The Bid Engineer will own the technical bid response covering all solutions offered by the company with focus on large/complex bids. This could include multi-country activities.
Principle Accountabilities and Objectives for the Bid Engineer include (but are not limited to) the following:
* Identification of the technical requirements for each bid and agree with the Bid Manager on the bidding strategy
* Ownership of the technical response of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ), Bids and Tenders
* Evaluate Expressions of Interests, PQQs and Tender documentation providing guidance to the business in terms of appropriate submission requirements
* Collate methodologies and write cohesive tender submissions in line with the agreed bid strategy and timescales
* Always aim to achieve the best technical and price solution
* Prepare technical solution papers for internal approval in line with bid governance
* Minimise company exposure and risk on bids
* Ensure the correct order of priorities
* Set out bid expectation and meet agreed deadlines
* Continue to raise the standard and quality of bids to increase bid win ratio
* Be decisive and be able to meet the most aggressive timelines for delivering high quality proposals
* Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments including Repair, Operations, Development, Procurement, Sales, Marketing, Customer Services, Finance, etc
* Be able to work well within virtual teams of resource to deliver winning bids
* Comply with company and local standards, procedures and protocols with specific responsibility for performance to key performance indicators
* Assist in the production of monthly bid report(s) for management team
* Represent Team Simoco in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally and support the adoption of the company corporate culture
* Must have experience and knowledge of wireless and associated technologies (for example: DMR, P25, TETRA, MPT1327, GSM, VoIP, fixed line communications, microwave solutions, DAS (distributed antenna systems), RF over Fibre, SCADA, confined space engineering etc.)
* Education to HNC or Degree level in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
* Must have at least 10 years experience working as an engineer (ideally as a proposals engineer)
* Knowledge and understanding of public (and private) sector bid requirements
* Experience of working on large, technically demanding bids for delivery throughout the world
* Consultative skills necessary for the development of bid solutions to meet customers` business requirements and drive complex solutions
* Preparation and policing of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
* Maintain understanding of the company`s core capabilities
General Competency - Skills/Knowledge/Qualifications
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships at senior level with direct and in-direct customers
* Willingness to follow internal processes at all times
* Experience of working with Public or Private Sector customers
* Customer focused and experienced in managing expectations
* Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate several projects at once, multi-task
* Excellent understanding of basic revenue models, profit and loss.
* Good communicator with proven negotiation skills
* Good positive mental attitude, `Whatever it takes`, `Can Do` attitude
* Commercial aware and understanding of managing to budgets
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle, Carlisle, Glasgow, Fife, York, Dover
Salary : to £45k
Date Advertised : 29 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.