Brand Manager - Tyres - Micheldever
BRAND MANAGER - AUTOMOTIVE TYRES
THE SALARY PACKAGE:
Competitive Basic Salary (depending on exp) + Car + Bonus + Benefits
National role - Ideally based in the Midlands / Southern England
Micheldever Tyre Services (MTS) was founded in 1972 as a part-time venture providing car servicing and tyres. Today, the company is the largest independent wholesaler, distributor and retailer of tyres in the UK. With over 20 percent of the total UK market. MTS has established a wholesale distribution network of 13 sites around the UK supplying over 4,500 retailers nationwide. This activity has resulted in significant profitable growth for the company and continued successes have further reinforced its position as number 1 in the UK.
Reporting to the Senior Manager-Distribution Marketing & Brands, this role is responsible for managing the House Brand proposition and the profitable development of this programme across all MTS sales channels.
- Achievement of budgeted Brand profitability and volume targets.
- Dealer network development to ensure effective geographic coverage and brand representation.
- Definition and implementation of the annual Brand Development Plan, with alignment to MTS sales, purchasing and supplier teams.
- Deployment of the agreed Brand Development Plan in line with agreed company targets.
- Preparation of monthly brand forecast projections and liaison with Purchasing / Logistics team to integrate brand volume requirements into inventory planning routines.
- Launch and follow up of monthly marketing actions in conjunction with key functions of Sales and Purchasing.
- Monthly brand range profile review to ensure range additions and deletions are identified to maximize sales and stock performance.
- Monthly brand price review in conjunction with purchasing team to ensure price levels are aligned to achieve target profitability and coherence with market / brand ladder position.
- Prepare monthly brand performance report to measure results versus plan, identify negative variances and establish appropriate corrective actions.
- Liaison with Brand Sales Co-Ordinator to define and launch specific brand promotion and communication actions.
- Targeted customer visits for brand development and new dealer recruitment in conjunction with Field Sales team.
- Input to new business bids with other MTS functions.
Performance & Profit:
- Achievement of budgeted brand profitability.
- Achievement of budgeted brand stock performance in conjunction with brand buyer.
- Dealer network coverage, monthly review to identify underperformers and appropriate corrective actions.
- Quarterly update of dealer geographic coverage and open point recruitment plan per sales area with input from field Sales Team.
Training & Staff Appraisals:
- On-going coaching and training support to customers and sales team to ensure adequate brand knowledge and understanding.
* Current or previous tyre industry experience - highly desirable
* Previous Marketing / Brand Management experience - desirable
* Must be a good communicator, energetic and influential
* Full UK driving licence - essential
In the first instance please forward your CV to Micheldever's Retained Consultants, PG Automotive, and all successful candidates will be contacted within 7 days of us receiving your CV.
Please note that all third party CV's will be referred back to PG Automotive (UK) Ltd who have been appointed by MTS on a retained basis to handle their external recruitment.
Do you have a background in, have worked for, or live in Sales, Area Sales, Field Sales, National Sales, Regional Sales, UK Sales, Sales Manager, Sales Director, Managing Director, Business Development, Key Account, National Account, Account Manager, Sales Representative, Territory Sales, Marketing,Brand,Product,Data,Pricing,Analysis,Promotions,Tyre, Alloy Wheels, Brakes, Batteries, Exhaust, Battery, Pirelli, ATS, Kwik-fit, Bandvulc, Bandag, Blackcircles, Bond International, Bridgestone, Maxxis,Falken,Kumho Cooper, CPK,Firestone, GITI Tyre, Godyear, Dunlop, Group Tyre, Hankook, Harvie, Kumho, Michelin, Oak, Rema Tip Top, Stapletons, Tanvic, Vaculug, Viking, Vredestein, Yokohama,
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle, Carlisle, Glasgow, Fife, York, Dover
Salary : Competitive Package + Car
Date Advertised : 26 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.