Windows Specialist - Exchange Expert - Frankfurt (Germany)
An excellent position has arisen for a Windows Specialist - Exchange Expert with at least 5 years of experience.
Are you looking to work at perhaps the most prestigious Banking institution in Europe? Are you an English speaking professional looking for an opportunity in Germany?
Serco is a FTSE 100 international service company with 100,000 people, in 700 contracts, in 30 countries. Our approach has made us one of the world's leading service companies and our vision is to be the world's greatest.
Due to increased growth our customer is looking to recruit a Windows Specialist - Exchange Expert based on site in Frankfurt, Germany.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Provide 3rd-level support for operational Windows Server based systems, including monitoring, identifying any need for preventive or remedial maintenance throughout the use of diagnostic tools
* Investigate, diagnose and resolve system problems using available tools and referring to external suppliers if required, as well as assisting 1st and 2nd-level support staff
* Participate in the design of complex IT solutions to the Windows Server based systems
* Participate in the design of security policies to the Windows Server based systems
* Contribution to IT projects in the preparation phase of IT services and systems, such as technical specifications, evaluation and selection of new products, activity planning and reporting
* Contribute to IT projects in the implementation phase of IT services and systems, such as analysis, development, integration and testing, maintenance, release, documentation
* Co-ordination of the deployment phase of IT services and systems from IT projects such as preparation, acceptance, integration and rollout to production systems
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date technical documentation related to Windows based systems including operational requirement and release management plan, transfer knowledge to colleagues and ensure sufficient documentation is available for tasks to be assigned to 1st and 2nd-level support staff.
* Plan, prepare, test and implement maintenance activities (such as patches and software upgrades) which are required to keep system running at optimised condition.
* Participate in the design and preparation of recovery and contingency exercises to ensure that Data Centre Operations can recover systems in accordance with the predefined plans and documentation
* Design procedures for identifying any need for preventive or remedial maintenance throughout the use of diagnostic tools
The expert will be in charge of all the Customer's messaging services and among other tasks will drive the migration of Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. This will be done taking into account the integration with Blackberry Enterprise Server, Autonomy EAS, Opentext Livelink, and with the security solutions based on appliances under deployment at the Customer's HQ.
Education and qualifications:
Advanced university degree (MSc level) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Physics
Knowledge and skills:
* Proven experience in designing, supporting, administering and maintaining mission-critical Windows Server based systems including problem solving, performance tuning and capacity planning
* Excellent knowledge and experience on Windows 2003 and 2008 server
* Excellent knowledge of Windows Scripting
* Excellence in the technologies listed in either of the following groups:
* Citrix Xen App, Citrix Access Gateway, App-V, System Center Configuration Manager, client application packaging, desktop image design, thin clients
* Active Directory, MS SQL Server, System Center Operations Manager
* MS Exchange, SMTP messaging, MS Sharepoint
* Good analytical skills and a problem-solving orientation
* Knowledge of IT Service Management processes and best practice (such as ITIL), in particular in the areas of problem management, release management, capacity planning and service level management
* Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation and the ability to work in a team are very important.
* Strong Microsoft Exchange 2003 and 2010 experience is required
* Proven experience on Blackberry Enterprise Server is required
* Experience with Autonomy EAS and Opentext Livelink is an advantage
* Experience with network load balancers, web application firewalls and security appliances is an advantage.
* Experience with Sharepoint is an advantage
* Very good command of English and at least of another European language with proven drafting ability
In addition to meeting the specification criteria all candidates should be bilingual. The working language of the customer (written and spoken) is English. Candidates should have excellent command of English with proven drafting abilities. A working knowledge of at least one other EU official language is also a mandatory requirement.
Excellent Salary + relocation financial assistance + 1 month initial hotel stay + Frankfurt based relocation expert to assist with sourcing new home and deal with contracts, etc + flight.
Blackberry Enterprise Server, Autonomy EAS, Opentext Livelink, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2010, Citrix Xen App, Citrix Access Gateway, App-V, System Center Configuration Manager, Sharepoint, MS Exchange, SMTP messaging, MS Sharepoint, Active Directory, MS SQL Server, System Center Operations Manager, Windows Scripting
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Frankfurt, Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, Roma, Madrid, Warsaw, Athens, Lisbon, Prague, Berlin, London, Manchester, Swansea, Edinburgh, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Exeter, Bristol, Birmingham
Salary : Negotiable
Date Advertised : 27 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.