Senior Wind Turbine Inspector
Position: Senior Wind Turbine Inspector - On and Offshore
Location: UK or Germany
Salary: to be discussed
The Senior Wind Turbine Inspector (On and offshore) is a key position with my clients European Consulting team and will be responsible for the developments and build out of services for Wind Energy Services.
The Senior Wind Turbine Inspector (On and offshore) will -
- Execute projects using his/ her technical knowledge
- Be able to identify potential clients and projects
- Indentify technical trends and services to be implemented in the ABSC service portfolio
- Support the Renewable Energy team for ensuring that company Wind Energy services are carried out in a harmonized way and in accordance with the technical requirements of the wind industry in Europe
- Support the sales process as well as technical meetings with his capability
The Responsibilities for the Senior Wind Turbine Inspector (on and offshore) include but are not limited to the following:
 Support the company European Wind Energy activities
 Support the company network with development and maintenance of technical competences within:
o Wind Turbine Technology and Control Systems
o Wind Site- and Wind Resource Assessments
o Wind Turbine Towers
o Wind Turbine Blades
o Wind Turbine Gear Boxes
o Wind Turbine Electrical Systems
 Ensure a continuous level of technical expertise required to execute the company European Wind Energy Services (especially offshore) on a qualified, reliable and consistent basis
 Carry out wind turbine inspections (on and offshore, for activities such as: transportation and installation, commissioning, in-service, end of warranty, periodic monitoring, vibration measurement, rotor blade, etc.
 Support the local business development and sales from a technical perspective
Skills and Experience
The client is looking for skills and experience in the following areas with emphasis on technical ability
* Educational background as Engineer in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (M/F)
* with more than 5 years relevant experience within the wind industry
* Experience in the (European) wind energy market - on- and offshore
* Exposure to wind-related technical professional services, such as inspections, damage investigations, root cause analysis
* Executive level experience working within the wind energy consulting industry is highly preferred
* Basic business development skills to identify new clients, markets and services and being able to sell these services to the potential clients
* Candidates should ideally have a deep knowledge of the structure of the wind energy industry as well as an established rolodex of contacts within the technical staff at major turbine manufacturers, project owners and developers.
* Existing fluency in the major technical issues related to the wind energy sector is highly preferable. Ability to devise and enact effective brand recognition and brand positioning strategies and serve as an enthusiastic evangelist for the company
* Knowledge of both the onshore and offshore wind energy industry
* Global perspective, awareness and ability to understand customers' logistics execution needs beyond their domestic operations. Direct experience working across diverse cultures is desired.
* A distinct customer service focus
* Able to cooperate effectively with multidisciplinary and multinational teams
* Fluent in English
* Good Communication Skills (verbally and written)
* Relevant certificates (e.g. Working and Rescue at Heights, Offshore Survival Training (e.g. GOW, BOSIET), First Aid, HUET)
* Rope Access Technique Certificate (e.g. IRATA, FISAT) would be an advantage
* Enthusiastic about building the brand and technical function of a new practice group while being able to utilize the worldwide resources of a highly respected parent company
* High levels of energy and enthusiasm necessary to build a viable industry contender from the early stages.
* A pragmatic person who is comfortable in a collaborative and fluid environment
* An individual who is capable of thinking on his/her feet and making sound decisions within compressed timelines
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle, Carlisle, Glasgow, Fife, York, Dover
Salary : To be discussed
Date Advertised : 22 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.