Purchasing & Planning Manager
My client is currently going through a period of growth and has recently been successful in winning some key new contracts for the business. In order to ensure that these projects are successful integrated in to the business and are delivered on time and within budget they are looking to fill a new position of Purchasing and Planning Manager.
This is a dual role and will be responsible for ensuring that all raw materials are purchasing to meet production demand as well as ensuring that the most cost effective production plan is achieved for the site. Responsibilities for this position include: -
* Ensuring production schedules are kept up to date with the latest information on a daily basis.
* Plan capacities in advance using the sales forecasts, highlighting any shortfalls and changes.
* Liaising with internal departments with regards to production constraints, ensuring the schedules aren't effective.
* To run MRP on a daily basis and report on bulk yields, wastage and stock holdings.
* Carry out all purchasing of raw materials as well as sourcing new suppliers.
This is a varied and demanding role overseeing a team of 4 people. The successful candidate needs to offer a proven background working within an FMCG environment where they are used to problem solving and thinking on their feet. MRP knowledge is essential as is the ability to lead and manage a team.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Exeter, Taunton, Tiverton, Barnstaple
Salary : Cú35k
Date Advertised : 10 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.