An exciting opportunity to work in part of a Blue Chip organisation providing managed services in both the public and private sectors.
Landmark Solutions, part of the DMGT group, has a strong and successful record of designing, building, implementing, operating and supporting complex information management systems for a range of Public and Private sector clients.
This is a technical role where you will be working as part of a team to design implement and support a wide range of IT hardware and software systems within Landmark Solutions on behalf of external clients. You will be managing multiple concurrent tasks with varying technologies in an exciting competitive environment, with exposure to a wide range of emerging technologies.
You will provide security expertise to all IT systems and ensure Government standards are maintained and enhanced where appropriate. Working with other technical staff, you will be maintaining and monitoring network systems, websites and applications managed by Landmark Solutions by investigating user requirements for application and infrastructure changes, design and implementing appropriate solutions.
We are looking for someone with at least 4 years' experience in a technical support role, with 2 years' experience providing 3rd level support in a similar field, and who will actively contribute in the implementation and support of applications and provide out of hours support as part of an on call support team.
Proven skills in:
* Supporting and configuring Cisco Routers and Switches
* Managing Internet connectivity for Cloud Hosting
* Routing protocols OSPF, BGP etc
* Software support for VMware ESX, Windows and Linux
* High availability and Fault Tolerance / Software Load-balancing strategies / Hardware infrastructure fault tolerance.
Desirable skills in:
* Deployment and Operating system management for Microsoft and Linux Operating systems.
* Storage Area Networks, EMC Clarion, and NetApp Storage Technologies
* Oracle and MS SQL server databases
If you believe you have all the necessary skills and drive to fill this role, we want to hear from you by Friday 25th January 2013! Unfortunately applications received after this date may not be included in the selection process.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Exeter, Devon
Salary : £30k - £40k + Benefits
Date Advertised : 19 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.