Training & Development Manager
Training & Development Manager - this is a brand new post within a growing, successful organisation. The role of Training and Development is responsible for leading the training function to write, source and deliver a comprehensive suite of skills based and behaviours/managerial Training & Development Solutions to meet all current and future business needs, via appropriate methods and to exceptional standards within a pre-determined budget.
* Ownership & delivery of the Company-wide Training & Development needs analysis and annual plan by area and job function.
* Write and deliver a range of skills based and behavioural training programmes (Recruitment Selection & Retention, Performance Management, Managing Discipline, Motivation and Engagement of staff + develop other management modules etc)
* Provide coaching and mentorship to Senior Managers
* Effectively manage 'traineeship' programmes
* Develop and implement a succession planning tool that identifies and progress maps talent across each function.
* Ownership of 'Employee Induction' - strategic development and tailoring of this programme ongoing across all functions
* Ownership of the training records process, streamlining to digital sign-off where appropriate
* Review and Evaluation of all learning events immediately and subsequently - producing KPI's
* Ensure the training function engages and performance manage a range of suitable training providers for generic courses
* Source Government funding for both local and national training initiatives appropriate to business needs
* Manage the processes associated with national training initiatives & engage apprentices as required.
* Implement the annual Training & Development Strategy to address all current and future training and development needs as required by the HR Director
* Effectively motivate & manage the Training Officer and Training Apprentice to perform their roles effectively.
My client is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Training & Development Manager who brings with them training delivery and training design expertise, training qualification, coaching and people management experience, knowledge of NVQ and apprenticeship schemes and plenty of drive and determination. For the role of Training & Development Manager a full driving license is essential as travel is required.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Devon, Plymouth, Torquay, Exeter, Paignton, Newton Abbot
Salary : Competitive/Car/Bonus
Date Advertised : 04 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.