Quality Control Engineer
My client, a leading manufacturer, is looking for a Quality Control Engineer to join their Exeter team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for ensuring that quality standards are maintained throughout the procurement process. Reporting to the Purchasing Associate Director, and also working closely with the Warehouse, Development and Quality teams, this hands-on role will involve inspecting components and appliances both externally and internally and working closely with suppliers to ensure that quality standards are being consistently maintained.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Inspection of goods both at suppliers prior to shipment and at point of receipt, including aesthetic and dimensional inspection. Ensuring the correct quality records and actions are raised and completed in accordance with the findings.
* Assist in the setting of quality standards, inspection criteria and monitoring performance of suppliers.
* Liaising with all relevant departments in regard to quality issues.
* Completing Quality Inspection Reports for non-conforming goods requiring supplier or internal actions.
* Inspecting samples, recording and retaining these in accordance with the Sample Approval Process.
* Conducting audits in accordance with internal requirements and quality plans. Recording of all inspections undertaken, including completion of Visit Reports.
* Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings.
* Experience of inspection and working as part of a team within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
* Experience of working with suppliers to develop and ensure quality standards.
* The desire and willingness to travel worldwide.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a good knowledge of MS Word / Excel or equivalent.
* Enthusiasm to learn new skills and ability to grasp large amounts of product information.
* Be able to work to, and develop, standards and procedures in an ISO9001:2008 registered company, with a proactive approach to record and report keeping.
* An understanding of the importance of quality in a manufacturing and customer serving environment
* A valid passport and Driving Licence
* Knowledge of procurement processes.
* Evidence of previous business travel.
If you would like to learn more about this role or would like to apply please contact Steve Roach and quote ref SR/DD1756.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Exeter
Salary : 20000-22000 Per Annum
Date Advertised : 12 Mar 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.