JOB TITLE: Pre-sales Consultant
SELLING: Big Data Management Software
LOCATION: Home based - Live anywhere in the UK
PACKAGE: Basic: £65K - £85K + Bonus £25K + Benefits
Pre-sales Consultant Role! Here is a great opportunity to join one of the world's leading Big Data Management software vendors, due to sustained growth they need to hire an experienced professional that has a strong background in Java and Data Management, Databases or other related technology. If you currently work in development or consulting and have a desire to move into a Pre-sales position than this is a fantastic opportunity for you to do so. Alternatively you may already be working in a Pre-sales position and have strrong Java and Data skills.
- You will be responsible for providing Pre-sales support around the company's complete suite of Big Data and in-memory Data Management products - the solutions allow companies to get maximum value out of high value enterprise data
- The solution integrates very well into core Java systems and JVM's and can turbocharge access to applications by allowing them to use the entire in-memory capacity of a single machine without garbage collection pauses/issues
- You will be working closely with clients and will be expected to have a deep understanding of the customers systems
- Travelling to client sites you will be responsible for presenting the technology solutions in front of technical and high-level business decision makers
- Hands on in developing and deploying custom PoC's, assist in deal qualification and help guide the sales team through the technical aspects of the sales cycle
- Drive Big Data adoption with clients
- Pre-sales Consultant
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE FOR PRE-SALES CONSULTANT ROLE
- Deep and thorough knowledge of core Java development (not just J2EE)
- Strong understanding of how Java operates and its internal structure such as the memory model, limitations and multi-threaded development
- Strong communication skills and the ability to take a technical matter and articulate the business values
- Pre-sales experience is not important as they are happy to consider developers, consultants or other technical people that have a desire to move into a more commercial/business focused role
- Good understanding of Data Management, Databases or any other data related technology
- Passionate and energetic about Big Data
- Nice to haves would be knowledge around Hadoop, Cassandra, Pig, Hive, Map Reduce, HDFS, hbase, Zookeeper, in-memory data management, caching (Coherence, IBM eXtreme Scale, Gigaspaces, Gemfire, Tibco ActiveSpaces, Infinispan etc)
COMPANY DESCRIPTION FOR PRE-SALES CONSULTANT
- Global leading vendor
- Strong reputation and well respected within the Big Data/Data Management space
- Offices worldwide
- Well respected senior management team - this is your opportunity to work with the best of the best!
- Over 300 UK employees
- Pre-sales Consultant
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
To apply for the above position of Pre-Sales Consultant, Contact Sam Crisp on 0208 722 8200 or Please hit the apply button.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle, Carlisle, Glasgow, York, Dover, UK Wide
Salary : £65k - £85k pa + Company Benefits
Date Advertised : 05 Dec 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.