Quality Engineer -South Devon -to £35k
We have a career development opportunity for a Quality Engineer. You will support the internal audit schedule, promote sustained improvement and ensure our client service and manufacturing processes meet Quality standards.
We are a successful, entrepreneurial and profitable, privately held company. We excel in both single and two-shot, low volume, high value, plastic injection moulding with associated tooling. We have the credibility of a blue chip client base particularly in the medical and instrumentation sectors. Based in South Devon we are a small SME with ambitious growth plans. We already punch above our weight as evidenced by our winning the IMechE 2012 Manufacturing Excellence Award for Business Development and Change Management. This important new position arises to support continuing expansion.
THE ROLE OF QUALITY ENGINEER:
- Work as part of the Quality team to ensure all audits are completed on schedule.
- Promote the Quality Planning Process and liaise with other departments.
- Ensure that customer expectations are understood, communicated and realised.
- Identify and lead Quality improvement projects.
- Promote best practice in the use of thorough and robust techniques.
- Identify and implement preventive actions.
- Train others in Quality tools and practices.
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES NEEDED BY OUR QUALITY ENGINEER:
- Likely to be educated to HND or degree level in a related discipline.
- Have successfully led and implemented Six Sigma projects.
- Trained as an internal auditor with SQA experience an advantage.
- Use of quality tools such as FMEA, APQP, FAIR, PPAP, 5Y's and 8D's.
- Detailed knowledge of quality systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 13485.
- Experienced in Co-ordinate Measuring Machines.
- You may well have become disillusioned with the corporate environment and will relish joining a dynamic, smaller organisation with the ability to respond quickly.
It is anticipated that the salary will be in the range £30,000 to £35,000 per annum depending upon experience. However, the agreement of terms is unlikely to be an obstacle in securing the right candidate.
We are based on the English Riviera with its unrivalled beaches, water sports, geopark and enviable lifestyle. The opportunity is commutable from Devon, Brixham, Dartmouth, Dawlish, Exeter, Exmouth, Ivybridge, Kingsbridge, Newton Abbot, Plymouth, Salcombe, Sidmouth, Torquay and Totnes.
Above all, you will view this as a real career opportunity. We seek an individual with the potential to play a key role in our continuing expansion and you will be given the resources and opportunities to give your aspirations full scope.
This is an urgent requirement and your CV will be forwarded to Clive Wadelin at our advising consultant's, Jonathan Lee Recruitment, who will treat it in the strictest confidence and keep you closely informed on the progress of your application. Alternatively to discuss the Quality Engineer opportunity in more detail, please contact Clive on 01384 397555.
Jonathan Lee Recruitment is a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Devon, Brixham, Dartmouth, Dawlish, Exeter, Exmouth, Ivybridge, Kingsbridge, Newton Abbot, Plymouth, Salcombe, Sidmouth, Torquay, Totnes,
Salary : £30k - 35k per year
Date Advertised : 03 Jan 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.