Quantity Surveyor - Contract Administrator - Kazakhstan
JOB TITLE:- Quantity Surveyor - Contract Administrator
Rate:- around £60-80k Sterling equivalent Plus subsistence
Our client is an International Construction Consultancy, through their UK HQ they are mobilizing resources for a prestigious 5 year construction project (Commercial, Industrial, infrastructure)
This is a $1 Billion US Project, Government funded. Likely candidates will be able to demonstrate solid experience of large scale mixed developments.
The Quantity Surveyors will be working as a specialist Cost Engineering resource assigned to a designated Project Team.
The Quantity Surveyors report directly into a site Lead Engineer with a line report to the 'Peer' Site Management Team. Primary responsibilities will include:-
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving a specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
For more detail and a confidential discussion please contact the managing consultants as shown in this ad.
Job Type : Any
Location : Kazakhstan, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Carlisle, Glasgow, York, Dover, UK Wide
Salary : £60-80k Equiv
Date Advertised : 24 Jan 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.