Quantity Surveyor(s) - Procurement - Kazakhstan
JOB TITLE:- Quantity Surveyors -Procurement
Rate:- around £60-80k Sterling equivalent Plus subsistence
Our client is an International Construction Consultancy, through their UK HQ they are mobilizing resources for a prestigious 5 year construction project (Commercial, Industrial, infrastructure)
The front end of the Works programme requires significant Temporary Works (100 Series Procurement) resource, we are keen to speak with you if you are a Quantity Surveyor with Temporary Works Experience and a Procurement bias. You would be working on a portion of the programme which is expected to last 12 months.
The Quantity Surveyors will be working as a specialist Cost Engineering resource assigned to a designated Project Team.
The Quantity Surveyors report directly into a site Lead Engineer with a line report to the 'Peer' Site Management Team. Primary responsibilities will include:-
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving a specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
For more detail and a confidential discussion please contact the managing consultants as shown in this ad.
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Kazakhstan, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Carlisle, Glasgow, York, Dover, UK Wide
Salary : £60-80k Equiv
Date Advertised : 30 Jan 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.