Business Development Manager - Data Centre & Cloud Services
Home / field based - national role
Competitive Salary plus OTE; bonus scheme; company car or car allowance; laptop; smartphone
GOSS Interactive is a dynamic and expanding company. We were ranked 8th in the Deloitte Technology list of fastest 50 growing companies, & we have won "Best Creative Business 2012".
We facilitate the delivery of business goals in the online environment, enabling organisations to keep their websites agile and relevant. Through our Web Content Management system, "GOSS iCM", we provide industry-leading websites and the technology to maintain them. We deliver hosting, DR, managed and professional services for websites, intranets, extranets, e-commerce as well as LiveChat and Social Media Management Solutions.
Our client portfolio includes the BBC, Berkeley Group, the Met Office, Brittany Ferries, Virgin Trains, NHS, ACAS, and other Central Government agencies. In addition to this, we are recognised as a UK market leader for web solution provision to UK Local Government.
We are looking for a proactive, confident, commercially astute and articulate individual with a proven track record of defining & delivering new business sales and strategy for the provision of data centre and cloud services.
What You will be Doing
* Leading the development & delivery of the New Business Data Centre & Cloud Services Sales Strategy & Plan
* Utilising your deep understanding of this market, ensuring that GOSS maximises all available opportunities
* Owning demand generation - qualifying & closing New Business opportunities through to handover - working with our Marketing Team to drive lead generation
* Generating forecast pipeline of relevant opportunities & managing their progress through accurate & timely reporting - consistently achieving agreed targets
* Engaging with internal teams to explore & maximise existing client opportunities
* Working collaboratively with internal resources (Solutions Architects, Operations Teams) & Clients to ensure that solutions meet Clients' present & future needs
* Developing strategic, commercial relationships - finding & developing new opportunities for GOSS
Your Skills & Experience
* In depth knowledge of the current Data Centre & Cloud Services market & industry trends
* Technical understanding of Data Centre infrastructure & solutions
* A minimum of 2 years' experience of advanced strategic selling & a demonstrable track record of negotiating & closing major Data Centre Solutions deals - private & public sector
* Experience of leading complex bids & tenders
* Evidence of having consistently achieved / exceeded quarterly & annual revenue targets within the targeted markets and / territories assigned
* Evidence of having actively generated & followed up on leads converting them to future revenue generating opportunities
* Excellent long-term client relationship skills
* A sound understanding & experience of sales forecasting and reporting
* A high standard of computer, written & numeric skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Organised & professional approach, with the ability to work to demanding timeframes
* Articulate, professional, excellent relationship skills, self-motivated
You must be currently eligible to live or work in the UK to be considered for this position.
If you meet the requirements & are up for an exciting and challenging opportunity to make a real difference, then please email you CV with a covering letter by clicking 'Apply Now', explaining why you would be perfect for this role.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Plymouth, Devon, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Carlisle, Glasgow, York, Dover, UK Wide
Salary : £40k - £50k Basic (70-80 OTE)
Date Advertised : 15 Mar 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.